New Plymouth is a major town of the Taranaki region on the West side of the north island in New Zealand. It's named after Plymouth, Devon, in England, where first English settlers migrated. New Plymouth includes a number of other smaller cities too. It is additionally noted for being a coastal town with a mountain which is just half-hour drive, where travelers, guests and visitors could snowboard, water ski, and surf all just in a day! Call us at Kiwi travels for cheap flights to New Plymouth now!
New Plymouth is renowned for its warm sunny climate, art galleries and exquisite parks. Also known as New Zealand’s oil town, with offshore rigs extracting gas and oil.
Mount Taranaki provides a dramatic scene to the town, and reminding you that the hiking trails of Egmont Park is simply a brief drive away. Kiwi travels now offers the best air fares in town to this awesome destination.
Down at the city’s waterfront you’ll notice Puke Ariki, a beautiful museum and heritage centre.
The Pukekura Park is the place to relax and revel in nature at any time of the year. It includes children’s zoo and lush green bush walks. If you like to walk on the coastal path, you will come across a 10km promenade with exceptional views. There are plentiful shops and boutiques for shopping and a delectable choice of cafes and restaurants to indulge in.
New Plymouth incorporates a dampish, temperate climate. The typical summer afternoon temperature is about 21–22 °C
Things to do:
- Climb Paritutu Rock – A fabulous bird’s eye view of the city and the ocean could be witnessed from the top of this volcanic mountain. Located on Centennial drive in New Plymouth. It is advised to wear sturdy footwear when visiting here.
- Dawson Falls – Is a ten minute walk from the visitor centre. It is decorated with an 18 meter high waterfall which could be explored with a walk through the lush green bush lands and forest.
- Camping – There are many parks where you could pitch a tent, book a cabin and just relax in the wilderness. Some of these spots are Carlyle beach camp, Urenui beach camp, Opunake Holiday Park and Belt road Seaside Park.
- Go fishing for your supper – Cast a rod in these fabulous spots from rivers to lakes. Ocean view parade and Lee breakwater in Port Taranaki is where it’s at. Your dinner will be earned here, it is a perfect way to spend time with family doing some fishing off a boat and enjoying the views.
- Dam Dropping – Ride in thrill down a hydro dam along the Waingongoro River. Give yourself an adrenaline rush! Popularly known as the Normanby Dam.
The prize winning coastline walkway is a 10 kilometer path that transforms to an expansive sea edge promenade stretching basically the whole length of the city. Ideal for running, walking, skating or cycling or just enjoying the stunning view of the west coast, the walkway runs from Hickford and Bell Block to Port Taranaki, with many pedestrian access points dotted on the way.
Call us at Kiwi travels to reserve your cheap flights to this awe inspiring destination which is graced by historic buildings, lush green gardens and miles of black sand beaches. As Taranaki's largest town, it is a perfect to explore the region's several natural attractions, mountains and gardens. New Plymouth is this, that and so much more! So why wait? Call us at Kiwi travels now, to book your flight.