Built around an inlet called Queenstown bay is the resort town of Queenstown or ‘Tahuna’ as it is called in Maori. Located in Otago which is nestled in the south west of the south island of New Zealand. It has breath taking views of mountains, Z shaped lakes that are formed by glaciers and surrounded by spectacular mountains such as Cecil peak, The Remarkables and Walter peak. The closest towns are Invercargill and Dunedin. Queenstown is renowned for its tourism and adventure in ski tourism. It is also known for its snow sports, because many from all over the country and the world travel here to ski. The four main ski mountains are called Treble Cone, Cardrona alpine resort, Coronet peak, and the Remarkables. Kiwi travels offers cheap flights to Queenstown, call us now to make a reservation.
Queenstown lies near the centre of a little wine manufacturing region, supposed to be the world's south most. The two Paddocks vinery is owned by native actor Sam Neill. It is also neighbored by Arrowtown history and spectacular cafes, bars and restaurants.
The many festivals that adorn this city are jazz, winter and bike festivals.
The city sits on the shore of crystal clear Lake Wakatipu among dramatic ranges. The lake and mountain landscape is very well suited to any or all sorts of fun and adventure. There’s so much as skiing and activities like sky diving, bungy jumping, canyon swinging, horse trekking, jet boating and river rafting all year. If hardcore fun and adventure is not your strong suit, there are plenty more mellow choices available. You could do some hiking, walking and sightseeing or get yourself pampered at a spa or go shopping at the many stores and boutiques and indulge in mouthwatering food and wine.
Queenstown is the best place to travel in New Zealand’s as it is a popular visitor destination. If you come here you will definitely understand why. Call Kiwi travels and inquire about our cheap flights to Queenstown now, and avoid disappointment.
Despite the comparatively high altitude snuggled among mountains and a southerly location, Queenstown experiences an oceanic climate. Summer has long hot days with temperatures which could reach up to 30°C whereas winters are quite cold with temperatures typically in single digits with frequent snow fall even though there’s no permanent snow fall throughout the year.
Things to do
- Skiing – There are four main ski areas which are namely; The Remarkables,Treble Cone,Cardrona alpine resort and Coronet Peak.
- Bungy Jumping – Want an adrenaline rush? Then try Bungy jumping at Nevis bungy and swing Combo. There is also AJ Hackett Bungy and Kawarau Bridge bungy.
- Sky Diving – Nzone (Tandem Skydive) a place in Queenstown takes you high up in an aircraft and lets you jump into thin air! An experienced jumpmaster accompanies you, and all you need to take with you is mostly your courage.
- Hot air balloon rides – Sunrise balloons, takes you over picturesque mountains and lakes on a serene hot air balloon ride. You could share a beautiful morning ride with the whole family. Or float gently with the breeze on cozy romantic ride with your significant other.
- Golf – Queenstown Golf club based in the Kelvin heights golf course is the most green and scenic golf course perched near pristine waters and a spectacular backdrop of the Remarkables. It is a must play must play golf course if you are a golf lover.
- The Spa and wine experience – Queenstown wine trail includes tours on wine tastings at two wineries, lunch and an underground cave tour. The spa includes many relaxing packages to unwind discover and indulge in.
World renowned for its adrenaline pumping adventure and calm, quiet and laid back indulgence, Queenstown is home to a large alternative of activities for both the young and old. There are numerous things to try and do here if you fancy the stunning outdoors, excellent food and wine, and a relaxed pace. Families have heaps to decide on from lake, land or air. Or if you love walking, sailing, fishing, biking you will love it here. Call us at Kiwi travels now to make a booking on the best air fares! Cheap flights don’t come around every day to Queenstown, New Zealand. Call now!