Tauranga is a city that lies within the north western corner of the Bay of plenty, on the south eastern corner of Tauranga harbor in New Zealand. Tauranga is infamously known as New Zealand's main centres for international trade, business, fashion, farming and horticulture. The Port of Tauranga is New Zealand's largest port in terms of gross export tonnage. Tauranga means ‘safe anchorage’ in Maori and is known as the landing harbour of Takitimu, Tainui, Mataatua the first voyaging canoes from Polynesia.
Kiwi travels offers cheap flights to Tauranga, call us to get more information on offers.
The sunny town of Tauranga can tempt you with marine adventures and so much more. Goes sailing, fishing or dolphin observing to explore the coastal setting. Tauranga is a large town within the Bay of plenty and has one of the quickest growing population centres within the country. It’s just a fifteen minute drive from one in all New Zealand's preferred beach cities, Mount Maunganui. Downtown Tauranga has many traditionally important spaces to look at throughout a scenic walk round the area. The Strand city district has undergone a significant renovation within the past few years, and is home to variety of restaurants, cafes, pubs and nightclubs, and has a spread of many accommodation choices. Call us at Kiwi travels to book your cheap flights to Tauranga.
Tauranga’s harbour is practically close to everyplace you go, providing the populated area with a lovely city district setting. There is so much to see and explore in Tauranga like fishing, sailing, diving and dolphin tours. You could also explore all its breathtaking falls or parks – McLaren Falls or the Kaimai Mamaku Forest Park.
Tauranga presents an oceanic or maritime temperate climate. It is subtropical city. During the summer months the population swells because the holidaymakers descend on the town, particularly on the favored white coastal surf beaches from Mount Maunganui to Papamoa.
Things to do
- Water activities – Include exploring the harbor on boat cruises, white water rafting or kayaking.
- Nature and Animals – Go dolphin watching or bird watching in the gardens and animal parks.
- Tramping and walks – Go walking and tramping in the nature and its tracks. Pack a picnic and enjoy the outdoors.
- Mountain biking – Take a four wheel drive and shake things up a bit on mountain biking adventure in the hills.
- Jet boating – Go jet boating in the Kaituna River.
- Dolphin watching – You could swim and go dolphin watching with Tauranga seafaris.
- Kiwi 360 – Take a tour of the famous Kiwi fruit at Kiwi360 farm.
- Bird watching – Katikati bird gardens has plenty to offer with its green parks and beautiful breathtaking bird sanctuary, which houses many different species of birds. Located close to the Tauranga harbor.
- Hot salt water pools – Visit the only hot salt water pools in New Zealand. Located on mount Maunganui in Mauao.
Infamously known as the Bay of Plenty, it is one of New Zealand’s popular holiday destinations for Kiwi's and international travelers alike. The subtropical sunniest region on the island, the Bay of Plenty is the best for an all year round holiday destination. Whether or not you’re into activities or laid back beach style, or a little of indulgence, the Bay of plenty has it all, and so much more to offer. Call us at Kiwi travels now, and book your cheap flights to Tauranga now!