Whakatane sits within the spectacular Bay of plenty in New Zealand, right beside the Pacific Ocean. The warm waters are worldly infamous for deep ocean fishing and marine sports. Whakatane is nestled at the edge of the Whakatane River which is just 90km from the city of Tauranga.
The main centre for the Bay of plenty, Whakatane is known to be the brightest and the sunniest of cities in New Zealand. Close to the white island is the spectacular active volcano that could be visited by air (Helicopter) there are guided tours of the island and it is a must to wear a gas mask and head gear when visiting. Whakatane is best for fishing, as a lot of yellow fin tuna are caught here than any place else in the country. Call us at Kiwi travels and book your cheap flights to Whakatane now.
Other Whakatane attractions would be the observatory, museum and historical sites. The Nga Tapuwae o Toi path takes you to beautiful forest and sea bird colonies. There are seal and dolphin tours, which may let you swim with the whales and dolphins, which begin in November. Ohiwa harbor and whale island offer guided tours in kayaking.
Whakatane is near Ohope, a white sandy beach, which is ideal for surfing, camping walking and basking in the sun. Whakatane often records the best sunshine hours in New Zealand, therefore it is a warm sunny and bright place to be!
Kiwi travels now offers the best deals to Whakatane, call us to book your cheap flights to this sunny destination now.
Things to do
- Fishing – Go fishing in Whakatane for its famous yellow fin tuna and deep sea fishing.
- Whale and Dolphin watching – Go swimming with the dolphins and whales, and encounter seals in the white islands. There are experienced and trained guides who supply you with everything you need on many tours available.
- Kayaking – There are kayaking tours on offer near the Ohiwa harbor. There are seals and dolphins that are spotted in the stretch of the whale and white island coastline.
- White Island – You could boat or book a helicopter tour to famous volcanic White Island.
- Nga Tapuwae o Toi – is a walkway or path that showcases Whakatane’s spectacular green forests. You could also bird watch here.
- Mountain Bike – There is much to offer and much to see when you mountain bike in Whakatane. There is much diversity to explore and bask in if you are a hardcore two wheeled traveler.
Relax on the gorgeous golden sands of Ohope Beach, go dolphin and whale watching and take a tour of White Island’s live volcano .Walk or run the gorgeous Nga Tapuwae O Toi bush track, watch rare ocean birds in unspoiled Ohiwa Harbour, mountain-bike and explore because the fun goes on when you are in Whakatane. The lowest price guaranteed when you book your cheap flights to Whakatane with Kiwi travels. So why wait? Call us to make your reservation now! And enjoy the fun in the sun in Whakatane.