The City by the ocean, Whangarei is a subtropical city located on the northern most part of the Northland region in New Zealand. The highest point of the city is the summit of Mount Parahaki, the best part of Whangarei which showcases a bird’s eye view of the town. The Maori pa or village could be accessed by a walk or hike to the top. The excavations are yet visible and interpretation of the village is provided at the location. Kiwi travels offers cheap flights to Whangarei, call us now to make a booking.
Quayside is a popular leisure centre for amusement, entertainment and eating. Modern and trendy landscaping blends absolutely well with the colonial design that has been transformed to a beautiful meeting place for the local or travelers visiting from all over. There are quirky cafes, pubs and restaurants, also art galleries, museums and specialty outlets.
West of the town centre, within the region of Maunu, there’s an informative museum and a native bird recovery centre that nurses birds back to health.
Whangarei Falls is known as the most photogenic waterfall. You could head up to Whangarei heads which is a scenic reserve that lets you explore breath taking ocean harbor views and outstanding walks. Call us at Kiwi travels for more details on cheap flights to Whangarei.
Whangarei could be a smart place to refill on essential items if you’re aiming to vacation for a few days at the region’s best laid back beaches. This addictive un-crowded beach city explodes with lots to see and explore. There are nice places to stay, and plenty to do, that you will definitely be sticking around for a while.
Things to do
- Walking or hiking – If you’re a tramper or hiker there is much to see and explore like mount Parahaki, Sumgglers cove, peach cove, mount Kauri and Te Whara ridge.
- Adventure forest – Get your adrenaline pumping and jump from tree to tree, swing, jump or reach for the next platform at adventure forest.
- Kingdom of Zion – Visit the only place that houses the big cats like tigers, lions, cheetahs and leopards.
- Paint ball – Go paintballing at strategy tag paintball. It is the ultimate paintball experience, which is a load of fun for the whole family or friends.
- Whangarei falls – Go visit this scenic waterfall and be wowed.
- Whangarei town basin – Located in the city, it has an outdoor area, shops, restaurants, cafes, marina and playground.
Lying between beautiful coastal fringes and the various natural landscape of forest and shrub land is Whangarei. This natural wonderland is known for its national richness of fish, bird and forest which is one among the five Kiwi sanctuaries in New Zealand.
It is a warm and cozy destination with an oceanic sub tropical climate. The temperature could reach up to 30°C during the summer.
This city by the sea is stunningly beautiful with much to offer and explore. This unspoiled, unique hidden gem with its breathtaking landscapes and spectacular views of nature awaits your arrival. Call us to book to book your cheap flights to Whangarei with Kiwi travels now.